These cleaning instructions are for the Blue Chip Gel Recliner Overlay.
The cover of your new Blue Chip Recliner Overlay Pad is made from an exclusive Vyvex-III material.
Vyvex-III is a multi-stretch Urethane coated cover material that is extremely DURABLE yet SOFT TO THE TOUCH.
SEALED SEAMS help prevent fluid intrusion during cleaning.
IMPORTANT - USE A BLEACH BASED WIPE OR CLEANING SOLUTION.
Mattress covers can be cleaned with:
- ~ Quaternary Wipe down (Properly Diluted)
- ~ Phenolic Wipe down (Properly Diluted)
- ~ 8-10% Bleach/Water Wipe down (Properly Diluted)
Using only these types of solutions will not cause fabric breakdown or loss of waterproofing.
The top and bottom cover should be cleaned with soapy water prior to disinfection. This will be effective on most stains including blood, urine and perspiration.
- ~ Use a disposable soft cloth moistened with an organic cleaner or mild soapy warm water (104°F/40°C)
- ~ If the cloth becomes soiled, change during the cleaning process.
- ~ If using detergent, rinse with cold clean water and a clean cloth
- ~ Dry with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- ~ Wipe surfaces down with one of the cleaners listed above
- ~ Wait 5 minutes to allow the disinfectant sufficient contact time
- ~ After 5 minutes has elapsed wipe down with a clean cloth moistened with water.
- ~ Dry off with a clean cloth or paper towel – *always ensure the cleaned surfaces are allowed to fully dry before putting back into use.
- ~ To prevent infection, the Gel Recliner Overlay Pad should be cleaned between patients.
- ~ Lodophor type disinfectants (i.e. Betadine, etc.) are not recommended and will stain fabrics.
- ~ All cleaning solutions must be properly diluted to manufacturer instructions.
- ~ Use a cleaner acceptable for porous surfaces. (Alcohol-Free)
- ~ Wear appropriate protective clothing when cleaning mattresses.
Use of cleaners rated for non-porous or solid surfaces can damage the cover and will void the manufacturer's warranty.
Look for cleaners or wipes that are Alcohol-Free.